06 July 2011

Who knew?

After my last post, who knew it would be this long until I posted again? Not me! My, how things have changed... yet so much has stayed the same. Evan is still the best boy ever, and working on 22 months old, he is also sitting on the potty and he even goes on the potty sometimes! He even peed twice on the potty this morning! He is also learning new words like crazy, a few new ones are: mess, clothes, and dirty. He is silly and loves to hear people sneeze. Man he thinks sneezing is hilarious! Evan still sleeps in his crib, and although he has not climbed out of it yet, I have no doubt that he could if he wanted to. He still sits in his highchair for meals, and can climb into and out of it as long as the tray is not on. While he's a good eater, Evan also still throws his food at meals, whether he is done eating or not. That's pretty frustrating, but we are working on it. Evan loves to play with balls and blocks, his favorite stuffed animal is Eeyore, and he still really loves his Monkey, Mickey, Frogger and Puppy loveys.

We recently moved, still in Poynette, just about 6 blocks from where we were before. We love the town and the apartment, but trading the third bedroom for the garage and deck is still hard to deal with sometimes. I really miss having a sewing room :( There are so many projects I really want to get going on, but it's such a hassle to get everything out for an hour or so just to have to pack it back up. However, we play out on the deck almost every day so it was definitely worth it, just to give Evan the freedom to play outside freely. Right after we moved, when Poynett had their city wide garage sales, we had one too but it was a cold, rainy weekend so the sale was pretty much a flop and our garage is still full of the stuff that didn't sell. One of these days I'm going to have to pack it up so I can park in the garage again... One day soon!

Chad's job is going good and he still really likes it. My job, well that's a whole nother story. Last October I got a job at a daycare center in Madison, I loved it and Evan liked going to school every day too. Everything was fine on the surface... but about the First of April word started spreading that the center was broke and might be closing. Lo and behold, it happened! On April 15, at about 5:30pm my co-worker got a text to tell the parents at pick-up that we were closing our doors that night. At 5:30 on a Friday night, really?! Even though we all kind-of knew it was coming, it was still quite a blow. Now I'm back at McDonald's in Deforest. It's definitely not the best, but it's a steady job in an economy where so many people still don't have jobs.

Chad and I are doing good, we're back to the rotating schedule of not seeing each other very much, but this summer we have been able to do some really fun things together as a family! Chad had vacation at the end of June, so we took a day with my mom and sister/family to visit the cemetary where my grandma is buried, and that same afternoon, went to visit a family friend's farm. What a nice visit! Then, for the Fourth of July weekend, we spent a couple of days at Chad's parents' cabin and on their boat. Evan loved it! Chad and I both got pretty good sunburns, but Evan stayed slathered in sunblock so he was okay. We saw the Merrimac fireworks with my family on Sunday night, had a great cookout with friends on Monday, and Evan and I enjoyed a cookout with my mom and sister yesterday. Evan loved playing with his cousins, and we all walked to Elver Park tosee their awesome fireworks show too. So far we've had a pretty busy summer and it doesn't look like things are going to slow down much! We'll see how long it takes before I get back on here again.... ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment